Poor Ethan, just days before his 2nd birthday he broke his little leg. We were up in Utah and I was busy trying to get a lot of yard work caught up at the rental house. Ethan was outside playing with me while I worked. There is about a 2 foot rock retaining wall between the front yard and back yard and he had climbed up it and got his foot stuck between the rocks, in his struggle to get it free he must have fallen back onto the grass. His foot stayed in place and so the fall caused his leg to break below the knee. He was such a tough little guy at the hospital, he only cried when they took the x-ray's (because he didn't like being held still and that I wasn't able to hold him.) Needless to say the next several weeks were a little tough because I had to carry him around everywhere and when he was on the ground the would squirm around to get to what he wanted, dragging his leg behind him. Often it would get caught, or stuck in a strange angle and he'd start whining for help. His let did heal pretty quickly and when they changed him into a shorter cast that he could walk in, he didn't really even need it.
1 comment:
Ohhh...poor little guy:( That is the worst when they get hurt! Hope he gets better fast!
Post a Comment