Christmas was an adventure! To start the whole thing out, Ethan got sick with a double ear infection, a sore throat and a viral respiratory infection so he was up all night screaming Thursday and Friday nights. We had pictures scheduled for Satruday because we had the whole family in town because Aaron and I were sealed in the Mt. Timp. Temple (see later post once I get the pictures for details). Well needless to say, we cancelled and I spent the whole day at the Doctor with my baby, while Aaron cleaned the house and set things up for our dinner party that night after the Temple. Sunday we had the Atwood family caroling party, and then Monday (Christmas Eve) I spent the day at the hospital with Ethan. He had perked up after getting on antibiotics and seemed to be doing well on Sunday, but Monday he had a horrible cough and hadn't been eating. So the Doctor sent him in for tests and to check that he wasn't dehydrated. After chest x-rays and some very sad poking and prodding to my little guy he was mildly dehydrated and had bronchitis. The family was supposed to come spend the night at our house but with all the problems (not to mention Kyle and Nina's kids had woke up throwing up) we all just went up to my mom's house for dinner--for us, a very slow and snowy drive from Spanish Fork. The kids all had fun and were hyped up on sugar and the excitement of presents and Ethan started feeling better after his shots at the hospital. Christmas day we spent at Grandma & Grandpa Atwoods where we played games and ate...and ate. :-)
Now I'm sick...Ethan's a lot better (except for an incessant cough) and hopefully we'll still be able to get our pictures done & I'll be able to get my house cleaned!
In the end, I'm so thankful for family & friends and all they do for us, for their love and support and all the good times we have together!
2 comments:
Glad to hear that Ethan is doing better. Hope you had a good Christmas and congrats on the Temple.
Such a darling little boy...how could he not be with you as the mother!
So happy for you to hear the news of your sealing - what a sweet way to spend the Christmas holiday.
Hope to see you soon. Come out to MO for a little vacation...!
Hugs,
Sarah
Post a Comment