Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dad's 60th b-day






I threw a surprise 60th party for my dad.  He has done so much for me, I really wanted to try to make this birthday a little special this year.  I looked up all his old friends that I could find and invited the family and we rented out Noah's in West Jordan.  He was very surprised and I think he loved seeing all his old friends ;-)  We had a lot of fun playing the Wii, volleyball and pool/ping-pong.  Good job to everyone for keeping it a secret.  And for my dad...I love you  so much, you are the most generous and caring person I know. You have taught me a lot of things, like how to work hard...but never be selfish. How to make sure everything is clean enough to eat off of...including the garage floor.  How not to gripe when things get tough...there is always a positive side to every situation. And that most the time, "getting something off your mind" is not worth the damage it will do...everything is okay in the end, if it's not okay it's not the end, and bringing other people down will just make the road lonelier and harder....and many, many, other things that I have tried to remember in my life.

1 comment:

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

Looks like a fun party! You HAVE to have a great dad because you are such a sweet daughter;)