Monday, July 19, 2010

EASTER





Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. When I was small perhaps it was the pretty new dress I always got, or the thrill of an easter egg hunt. But, as I got older Easter became even a bigger deal, it was like a second Christmas morning!...I know you thought I was going to say it was because I started to really understand the true meaning of Easter, or because I was a day to reflect on Christ. But, honestly, I wasn't that old yet...and that wasn't really the case. We would have huge Brostrom Easter parties with all the cousins and end up with a giant pile full of toys, candy and money! Of course I would say I understood the real meaning of Easter and that's why I loved it, but I'm pretty sure I was lying to myself and everyone else with that answer. It wasn't until I left to college, then a mission and eventually got married I actually DID learn the joy and miracle that Easter really is, and it has remained my favorite holiday without question. The Savior's Crucifixion and Resurrection are the center of all my beliefs and the purpose of my life here on earth. I have a burning testimony of Christ's Resurrection and I know that it is because of him that I can repent and live with my family again in the presence of our Heavenly Father. This is why I love Easter. However, with my Dad and Donna carrying on the Brostrom tradition of spoiling my kids rotten for Easter, I'm sure, that like me, at the moment they love Easter because of the fun, toys, treats and cousins... I guess that I'll do my best to balance that "love" out :)
This year I was not especially chipper for the Easter festivities, because I recently found out that we are having another BABY! And, unlike my pregnancy with Ethan, I was extremely sick. The car ride up to Utah a few days before was torture, the mornings were miserable and the car ride out to my Dad's house that morning was especially bad and we had to stop several times for me to throw-up. Once we finally stopped moving and I could sit still for a while, I did feel a little better...but not for long and most of my day I spent lying in the bedroom trying to not die :) So, here are some of the pictures I did capture of the kids, and next year we'll have another little one to join the family fun :)

3 comments:

Maranda said...

Looked like a fun Easter. I love Easter also, pretty much all holidays except Halloween! I can't wait for your little girl to join your family!

natalie a said...

I loved getting the pretty dresses too! I would twirl, and twirl.... :)
I digress... looks like you guys are having fun and doing well...sending our love :)

natalie a said...

I loved getting the pretty dresses too! I would twirl, and twirl.... :)
I digress... looks like you guys are having fun and doing well...sending our love :)