Micah, myself, Aunt Rachel and Allison all colored easter eggs at Grammy's house. Micah was so attached to his eggs once he had colored them all, he wouldn't let anyone touch, eat or hide them :)
Ethan and Micah seemed pretty happy about their visit from the Easter Bunny! Ethan seemed very into his easter basket...which turned out to be just another thing to put in his mouth :)
Micah got an Easter basket as tall as he was! It had all kinds of cool sport's stuff in it. (which I think his daddy was more excited about than he was.)Overall, Easter was great. We got together with family for an Easter brunch and egg coloring party on Saturday. It turned out to be a lot of fun, and has been decided to become a tradition with the Atwood family.
Sunday, the Easter Bunny showed up and brought the boys some exciting gifts before we rushed to church to celebrate the real reason for the Easter holiday. Aaron and I teach the 4-5 year olds in Primary. It was really funny to try and help them remember the real reason for celebrating Easter. I think deep down they all know, it's just hard for them to remember I suppose :-). In fact about every 5 minutes I would backtrack from the lesson and ask..."so why do we celebrate Easter?"...to which they would reply "JESUS!" at the top of their lungs. I would then coax..."And what about Jesus?" to which they would answer "BE GOOD!". "Yes Jesus wants us to be good, but why do we remember him particularly on Easter". I would say. We would then get a medley of responses "Prophet". "church". or "he loves us" Anyway, we would then recap the lesson once again in 5 minutes to start over with the same question. "Why do we celebrate Easter". I think by the end of class, they all finally got it :-) It was kind of funny.
We then met back up with the Atwood family for Easter dinner, but had to leave early when we got a phone call from our tenants in our AF rental that the basement was flooding and heat wasn't working. So we spent the remainder of the evening cleaning up a flood, fixing garage doors and playing with a furnace :-) I love rentals. It's bad enough when it happens at your own house, but somehow it's even more stressful when it happens at someone else's house that you are responsible for.


2 comments:
looks like you guys had a great Easter. I think Spence would have been pretty excited too if Jamo got a basket full of sports stuff too.
You are SUCH a darling mom!
Post a Comment