Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bionacle's



Micah has an obsession with Bionacle's...actually obsession is an understatement. I believe they are all he thinks about. Somehow he manages to steer every conversation to end in an attempt to acquire a new Bionacle. I do however have to give him credit for his clever tactics. There is always and sneaky way he'll throw in a request for the new toy, the kids a born Lawyer :-). I think that at least half the time my Dad takes him home (actually it's probably more like, every time my Dad takes him home) Micah manages to talk my Dad into stopping to buy him a new Bionacle or two, I try to warn my Dad not to be manipulated by him, but then, my dad just smiles and says, "I know, I let him manipulate me, that's the fun part of being a Grandpa." :-)

One of my very favorite stories is when Micah was just barely 5 yrs old, and I had to take him to work with me for a few hours, I told him that if he would come and be good, I would buy him a Bionacle to play with. Well, we got to the store, and he picked out a Bionacle, I agreed and we were just leaving the isle when he stopped and said to me "Wait, I think that maybe I'd rather have these two". And he quickly swaped out his one, for 2 others. And before I could get an objection in, he reasoned "Because, that Bionacle costs $19.95, and these two just cost $9.95, so I can get 2 for the same price, RIGHT?" Needless to say, he got both Bionacles.

1 comment:

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

That is too funny....smart little kid!!