


I can't believe by baby turned one! The day came and went quicker than I could have imagined. We had the whole family over to celebrate, all the Atwood's and the Brostrom's there wer 35 people total! What a popular little boy :-) After cake we opened presents with his cousin Griffin, who's birthday was the 28th.
Now about the cake, I had some really grand expectations about making my baby's first birthday cake, and although it didn't turn out quite like I had planned I couldn't complain. I made a big baby einsteins catapillar for everyone and a basketball cake for Ethan (since he's opsessed with any and all balls and sports) The basketball cake flattened a bit, as it was supposed to be a perfect ball and the catapillar cake ended up with numerous battle wounds from Micah and Ethan getting too close before the party :-)...but it tasted good and we still have some left over...it was a big cake.


The actual day of Ethan's birthday was spent in the car shop trying to get Aaron tire repaired...for the second time. I got a flat the night before and had to change it in the rain...good thing I'm a superstar at changing tires b/c not a single person stopped to help!
10 comments:
Happy Birthday to Ethan. I'm sad I couldn't be there to help celebrate. Love the cakes...you are awesome. Maybe you should start your own cake business. Sorry about the tire situation. I don't know if I remember how to change one properly so I'd be screwed.
First birthdays are so fun...& WOW I LOVE THE CAKE!!! That is so cool...you are GOOD!! He looks so cute in his little car hehe:) I think Derek would Love a basketball cake too...he too is obsessed with any kind of ball LOL! Sorry about the tire....I would have stopped to help if I would have driven by you and your busted tire;)
I can't believe it either! It seems like yesterday we were comparing are prego bellies! He's a cutie!
happy birthday little guy! You sure are cute.
I can't believe no one stopped to help you~ that's happened to me before too. I was even in a parking lot and a few guys in trucks drove by. plphphphph
Happy Birthday Ethan! The years only go by faster from here on out! those cakes are awesome! You aren't suppose to make cakes like that-you are making the rest of us mom's look bad!!
Happy Birthday Ethan! Kelli those cakes are awesome. You did a great job! Thanks for being so great!
What a cute cake!!!! Where has the year gone?? Can't believe he is already one.
Kelly! I finally got everyones blog from Jen! I love the birthday cake, sooo cute! I should take some lessons from you!
Happy bday Ethan! Wish I could have been there... Nice job on the cake.
Happy 1st Birthday Ethan! What a cute boy! When are you guys planning on moving? Hopefully I'll get to see you again before you leave to Vegas.
Post a Comment