Aloha, enjoy some of our pictures from our week on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Overlooking Waipeo Valley
Overlooking Waipeo Valley
Could there be a more beautiful place for dinner? As we watched the Sunset over our steak and lobster and Tiki torches were lit around us...I could have stayed all night!We had an amazing week of fun, sun and endless ocean views. I was a little worried about how our vacation would be bringing the kido's, but they were a lot of fun, and we still got a relaxing vacation. I think Ethan thought he had died and gone to heaven with all the time he got to spend outdoors and in the water. Micah was a little fish, and couldn't get enough of the water either. And they were both GREAT travellers, Ethan hardly made a peep on his first plane ride. Micah LOVED the waves and all the time he got to spend playing games and coloring with us...especially his new favorite card game "golf". Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of my favorite activity, because we couldn't find an underwater camera, but I'll summerize for you and you can use your imagination. We rented some sea kayak's and went out to Captain Cook's monument to snorkel. On the way we passed dozens of Dolphins that we were able to get out into the water and swim with. We put on our snorkel gear and watched them swim around and around us. I literally squealed with delight :-) Aaron and Micah thought it was pretty cool too :-) The snorkeling was fantastic, with amazing clarity and thousands or beautiful fish, we were told that is where they based the beginning of Finding Nemo off of (with the ledge that he swims off of and gets captured by the boat). Anyway it was beautiful. Micah was a little bit afraid of all the fish snorkeling, but he was a great little kayak'er. We also visited the ancient city of refuge, which I thought was very cool. We took a day and drove around the island, and saw all the beautiful sights Hawaii had to offer. It's amazing all the diversity there is on one island. There were amazing waterfalls, beautiful cliffs, lava rock & black sand beaches, white sand beaches and even green sand beaches. We saw the Rain forest where we walked through the Lava tubes and checked out the volcano (it was raining so we didn't get to see much of the volcano, but we saw a cool video :-) We even saw cattle farms. :-) Everywhere we went it was like sensory overload. And the boys were such great travelers. Micah's favorite pass time in the car was to color, play Sudoku and sing to himself, particularly the song's Grammy made up for him. And of course, we got in plenty of time at the pool.



4 comments:
You look so GREAT! WOW...did you have a kid?
Wow that looks so fun! Way pretty. I want to go to the big island someday. Ethan is getting so big. I love his little round head.
I'm so jealous, what a fun trip! That little Ethan sure is a doll (and I mean that in a masculine way :)
Would you PLEASE just pack me in your suitcase next time and take me along? Looks heavenly!
Hugs,
Sarah
PS - remember, I did take you along for all those Sun Valley trips...ha ha!!!!
Post a Comment