Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Tuesday


I have been glued to the TV for the last several weeks awaiting the fate of the country in the choice of leadership. I listen to all the debates and I laugh at all the jokes (well most of them) as the candidates take jabs at each other trying to gain ground in the primary's, particulary, tomorrow's super Tuesday elections. As most of you know, I studied Political Science in school...and after finishing became very disillusioned with it all. No, I'm not going to elaborate - I LOVE this country, I just think that this litigious society needs to look at how we are putting the greatest changing power in our Judicial system, which is the least democratic. No offence to all you lawyers. (I also think this country could use a few more presidents like Mitt Romney and stop EVEN considering presidents like Hilary Clinton.) So, as I look in admiration at the respectful, easy and quick change of hands the Church undertook today, it renews my faith in the existence of the great and the good people - perhaps the closest to perfection we will see on this earth. And, I am sure that at least most of the Americans in this country will recognize a good thing and will continue to shun that which is evil. (No pun on Hilary intended ;-)

I encourage all of you out there, to really study the issues and get involved in your communities - this country could be even greater with a little more interest from people with good strong values and morals. I know it's easy to pay attention every 4 years when a new presidency is up for grabs, but, in all reality, your local leaders and government will have A LOT more influence on your daily life than the president of the United States. And...I would even dare to say that influence of your local community will spread and that, will have a louder voice in Washington than a single vote, once every four years. (not that I’m downplaying the importance of voting.) So if by rare chance there is someone who is still reading this, do your children a favor and make an effort to help create a better Nation for them to grow up in (...and go vote for Mitt Romney...j/K) and get involved in your local communities, even if it's just paying attention to your local community :)

No comments: